- While riding the “alligator” (elevator) it is ok to press the button with a star next to it (for the lobby)…never press the button with a bell or phone…and NEVER EVER press the fireman helmet button
- Always ask for prizes in the car, because mom usually has one
- Watch Cole in the review mirror at all times, so I can keep him in line…and correct him at all times…and its pretty cool to ask for whatever he is holding and playing with aswell
- Wake up before mom wants to get up, so I can crawl in the big bed with her
- Mickey Mouse, Pooh, and Handy Manny aren’t always on TV like they are at home (ahem…missing DVR)
- Run into every new hotel room and find the pen and paper beside the phone on the nightstand
- The small pools at the hotels are the “hot ones”
- Offer J my chicken, so I don’t have to eat it (besides I only eat ‘muscle chicken’…Ben’s brillant method of getting Caleb to eat his dinner)
- Do not go O.C.D. no matter how many times mom wants to hand sanitize my hands in a day
- Do not freak out (tantrums) because I will have to calm down, count to 5 (3, 6, 8, 9, 11-hahah its different every time), and say I am sorry
- “Please” doesn’t always mean I get what I want oh wait I haven’t grasped that one yet
- Every “new room” is a “cool new room”
- Some of my favorite new phrases are “check it out” and “I’ll be right back, mom”
- Do not EVER let mom style my hair
- I seem to always mix up the terms breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Do not attempt to sleep in a hotel bed-I will wake up with a bump on the floor…I’ll just stick to my Spiderman bed
- Be thankful I’m a deep sleeper and don’t wake up to J’s nightly wailing
- Put things in all the dresser drawers (makes mommy do a scavenger hunt when we pack up)
- Ask for cinnamon rolls at breakfast-cause they are “so good!!!”
Special Edition: An interview with Caleb
Mommy: Who is your friend on this big trip?
Mommy: What is your favorite thing to eat?
Caleb: Cheese dip!!
Mommy: What is your favorite thing in the “new room”?
Caleb: Mi’rowave…I put things in it
Mommy: What is your favorite thing at the park?
Mommy: What was your favorite animal at the zoo?
Caleb: I throw this water on you, mommy
Mommy: Ok, I think we are done with the interview
Oh he is ridiculously cute. Court and I were just sitting here talking about how good y’all are to be able to live out of hotel rooms for so long!! ps – Caleb’s got good taste: cheese dip = best food ever!
Mom Deuel says
I love all of your versions of the trip. Gives us great insight into what you all are dealing with. I think Caleb & J have grown a year since you have been gone. Counting the days till your return. Keep the pictures coming. XOXO Bebe
So cute! Can’t wait to see everyone and give Caleb some PRIZES!!! I think I’m even going to wrap them up!!! Only 8 more days!!!!