I know this is a little late, but I was just so busy laying out on Monday!! 🙂 We are home from the beach, and I will do a post later in the week with some pictures of our time in Florida and my gorgeous bride of a sister!
You know Mondays are 50% off day at my local thrift store. The boys and I love to wander around there and see what things we can refurbish or use to craft and bring old things new life! One day I found this lamp. It cost me under $3.00. I decided I wanted to try my hand at making a new lampshade for it and I did! I read a few blogs about it, and it really is a simple process!!
I was so excited once I finished it! I plugged it in…and it so didn’t look right! You could ‘see through’ the black fabric. It needed something done on the inside of the shade, so it didn’t give as much light. I cut and collaged tiny pieces of paper all over the inside-to give it a textured look. That didn’t work. I pulled out my handy black paint and painted those pieces of paper and-voila! It worked! There are some ‘extra’ glue spots on the backside, but overall I am so pleased with how it turned out!