Creativity can be tricky in a family. As we talked about family values in a previous post, this conversation got Matt and I thinking more about the ways we prioritize creativity in our family. Join us for our first fireside chat, where Matt and I have a conversation about this and so much more. This is a new series we will be rolling out on Facebook, sharing on our YouTube and circling back here with more pictures. We hope you like it as we are excited to have this natural, connection to encourage you to imagine the possibilities with us!
What is a fireside chat?
Our heart with creating the Fireside Chat series is to be encouraging and open in how we view and do life. Let’s talk real and honest about life and the journey it is.
If you missed the first chat, you can re-watch the video here. We cover a lot of topics like the ones below. Feel free to jump to the topic minutes that most apply to you, if you don’t have time for the whole 25 minute show.
- The Spoonful of Imagination (2:13): How the brand began
- Imagine the Possibilities (4:04): Going off path, opens up options
- Reagan’s Room (7:15): She made her room bigger by taking away her closet
- Learning new skills through risks (13:00): Lessons she has for life
- The cost of creating (17:00): Learn that your ideas matter
- How can you take a chance (18:00): Try something new
- Create More Connection (19:45): Erica’s new course
- Matt’s view on Erica’s course (20:14): Matt’s endorsement of the course
“This is our home. We get to live here. So, we need to do things that we get to enjoy.” -Erica
“Paint is one of the cheapest ways to change the atmosphere in a room.” -Erica
“She’s the healthiest I have ever seen her” -Matt (talking about Erica)
“It’s a life skill to try something, it not work out, and be able to adapt and keep going.” -Erica
Takeaway to Apply:
How can you (in your life and/or parenting) take a little risk, take a chance, and imagine the possibilities of something different and grow from it?
We are cheering you on and know that the world needs what you got. If you loved this Fireside Chat, check out my second Fireside Chat with my creative accountability partners, Jonna and Shannon. It’s all about the power in linking arms-even when on separate journeys.