Happy New Year!!! It’s so crazy to think how different life was a year ago! This time last year I was WAY pregnant with our little girl, so blessed to have her in our lives now! I can’t believe we are quickly coming up on her first birthday (Jan. 9)!! Time flies!
Here is a recap of our Saturday (New Year’s Eve):
- I took the kiddos to see A Dolphin Tale at the dollar theater with my dad (G-pops)
- Rea and I spent a good portion of the movie in the lobby 🙂 She enjoyed pushing the stroller around as she walked behind it and smiling at everyone who walked by. I enjoyed interacting with her and just really watching her with no distractions…love time one-on-one with this girl!! She’s a blast!
- The boys ate a HUGE tub of popcorn in the movie. J never let his cup get past the half full mark without getting a refill from the huge tub. Such a funny little guy!
- We than went to Dairy Queen with G-pops after the movie. A blizzard is an amazing way to close out 2011!
- We all took a two-hour nap! Amazing!
- Played games and hung out at home all afternoon/evening…OJ, the kid version of sequence is AMAZING! Thank you!!
- Enjoyed seeing my cute little niece, Natalie, and her parents while watching the New Year’s Eve stuff on T.V.
- Had buffalo chicken cheese dip for dinner…one of my favorites!
- Caleb playing the guitar and serenading his sister while she soaked it up the WHOLE time!
- Rea crashed and went to bed…but the boys stayed up till midnight!! It was J’s first year to do so!
- J kept saying “Merry Christmas!!” when we said “Happy New Year!”
- Drinking Sparkling Grape Juice and toasting with the boys and Matt
- Having a little midnight dance party (at Caleb’s request) that concluded in banging some pots and pans (a childhood tradition of mine)
- It was an amazing day!
- p.s. everyone slept in till 8:00 the next day…and that is big around here!