What do you think of when you hear the word networking? Do you view it with a positive or negative connotation?
I think a year ago I would have thought through the term networking as a manipulation or way to get your needs or desires met. To me, it was a way you put yourself out there to get what you want, whether the remarks and communication were genuine or not did not matter. I guess I would have said networking had a distasteful tone to me.
That has changed.
The transition from becoming an occasional online diary post-er to a regular blogger changed my perspective and here is why.
Networking has been one of the most encouraging things building into me the last several months. I have grown to LOVE it because I see it as a way to develop yourself as a better person (not even thinking through brand/blog growth), make new friendships, and connect with others that have the same interests as you.
So many incredible bloggers have impacted and welcomed me into this blog network. They have given me tips on blogging (& just life!), encouragement, ideas, and as a result my perspective on networking changed…
- My really good friend, Erin, helped birth Spoonful of Imagination with all her blog knowledge from developing her baby, DIY On The Cheap.
- Suzy has challenged me to save money with my craft projects and reuse items more than buy more items, and I have started a toilet paper roll collection due to her influence.
- My friends Heather and Angela have given me wonderful tips and activities of how to life well (and fun) with my kids.
- JaNeal has encouraged me to come up with a word theme for my year and complimented I think every one of my crafts. Talk about building into someone! I was only too excited to help her with a giveaway of her own (more good news here at the end).
- Polly and Becca are constantly challenging me about how I live and what I invest my time and energy into.
- Jillian is my little Twitter/email buddy that I feel like I know like a friend that lives down the street. She’s real in my world although I only know her in social media world.
- Kelley is always stretching me to do my “first” with many things in the blog world. As in my first sponsor swap, first guest post, first joint giveaway, and first link up party. I have learned so much from her example.
- Rhoda, Donna, Lisa, Heidi, Karen, Kelly, Ann Marie, and Alissa are all names that I refer to in conversations with my husband on a weekly basis because their blogs consistently blow me away.
- Christina is one of my biggest fans as she is usually bursting with excitement when I show her new things I am working on and wants to document my whole life with her amazing pictures. I am so humbled.
- Lastly, my husband Matt with all his amazing skills (might not be a blogger but as a producer and web developer he constantly gives from the talents that he usually gets paid for) has challenged and cheered for me the loudest. He helps me in unmeasurable ways with the technical and business side of my blog. He also contributes from brainstorming and dreaming of what I want to do with this hobby, to helping with my projects and being in my pictures, down to fine tweaking my writing. He is the one that listens to all my “blog talk.”
I have not mentioned everyone I have been affected by, but I say all this to say I am continually humbled by the friendships I have made through blogging. I love it. I think networking is a craft in and of itself because it is the task and art of connecting with others and accepting differences and yet growing and learning from one another.
When I look at my sidebar, I get so excited about how many of these influencers have their pretty buttons right there for you to see as well.
Would you like to swap blog buttons with me for this next month? I would love to check out your site by clicking your button and encouraging my readers to do the same! If you are a blogger or small business owner and would like to swap blog buttons, please contact me!
If you don’t want to do a blog swap, but you are still interested in helping to sponsor Spoonful of Imagination you can buy one of the following buttons/add spaces for my sidebar.
My first option is The Serving Spoon ($15) for this 260 x 200 add space (the next available spot will be starting in March).
My second option is The Tablespoon ($10) for this 260 x 120 add space.
My last option is The Teaspoon ($5) for this 125 x 125 add space.
Each of these options allow your button to be up for a month. You also have the opportunity to do a guest post or giveaway if you are interested!
My blog is growing, and I am so excited about all that is in store for 2013! I understand if your sidebar is “full” and you might not want to swap buttons with me, but if you are a blogger and interested in “reviewing” any of my products/creations please let me know. I am open to contributing items to giveaways and giving you one to enjoy as well! I hope you stay with me in this journey and we can get to know one another better!
Now, for the giveaway item I hinted at above! I have teamed up with JaNeal for an awesome giveaway of hand crafted items! I contributed an Embroidered Owl Hoop, a Felt Red Hair Bow, and my popular Teal Earrings.
Wait till you see what she has contributed! Please hop over to JaNeal’s blog, Pieces of Luv, and say hi and enter this giveaway!