Disclosure: I received this product for free to review. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are my own.
I love that this project came with everything I needed. Every supply that I needed, I pulled from the box. It had paint, a brush, sponge, plate pallet, the lesson plan with pictures and maps, and an easy step by step tutorial on how to replicate their example frieze.
Caleb loved the hands on approach to learning. For a young guy, he really got to realize the work it took to write in hieroglyphics by writing his name in them!
He is so proud of his piece and quickly ran to show it to his siblings when he was done.
Benefits of Art in History
- It was a fun hands on educational experience.
- It creates a meaningful time for you to participate in the learning experience.
- It saved time by not having to scour the web for a project that would work with our history subject.
- It eliminated stress by having to find and buy all the project’s supplies.
- This project came straight to my door, and we just had to open the box to start it.
Discovery through Creativity
I am a firm believer of discovery through creativity. I love that even though this lesson had a tutorial that told us what to do, my son felt the freedom to make it his own. He created a “rough” line at the bottom rather than the black line because he felt it displayed a more dirty ground like the Egyptians had. Plus, he was afraid to paint his hieroglyphics because he didn’t want to ruin them, so he asked to use a Sharpie instead. He had a voice and created something he is proud of and the hands on approach will probably hold Egypt facts in his head a lot longer than just reading or being told about it.
You might not be studying Egypt, no worries! Art in History has a wide range of World History and US History projects to choose from as well. I am already browsing their catalog for our next project. You should too! I know you will find something you love.
In addition to the kits, Art in History is now selling their craft paint as well. Art in History is happy to announce that they have created a paint line to meet the specific needs of the craft industry and the classroom. Their custom paints are safe, have no odor, are non-toxic, and conform to ASTM D-4236 safety standards. All acrylic paints are conveniently packaged in 2 oz. bottles. Their all-purpose paints can be used on bisque, wood, metal, plastic, and other general craft projects. Those can be purchased here.
PLEASE NOTE: All historically correct paint colors are included with purchase of Artifact(s). Paint colors may vary depending on monitor variations.
I have good news for you! You can win your own Art in History kit!
- Winner will receive 1 art kit ($9.95 value, plus S/H)
- Winner may choose from any World History or US History project
- Winner will be notified via email and must respond within 48 hours
- Winner must have a US or Military address
**If you buy a kit now and win the giveaway, Art in History will refund your cost of one project (9.95 plus S/H)**